Andrew Garfield is the better Spider-Man


When I first heard that they plan on doing a whole new Spider-Man series with a new cast just shortly after they finished the series with Tobey Maguire, I was pretty sceptical. I know it's The Amazing Spider-Man now..but still.

However I watched the new movie, expecting it to be crap or boring cause I expected them to not do it as good as the previous one but I was wrong and it was great. Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man is much darker, he's wittier and overall cooler than Maguire was. I also liked how the whole love story was only a side story and not so much a part of it like it was in the 1st Maguire Spiderman. Maybe this is due to the fact that his love interest in this one is Gwen Stacy and not Mary-Jane Watson.

Also in this one, Peter Parker is a tech savy skater, rocking SB-Dunks, making him much more relatable for me than the Maguire one ever was. Besides that, the way they solved how Spider-Man is shooting webs from his hands is much more realistic in this one and Garfield's body much more resembles the one of a spider.

Concluding, not only is Garfield the better Spiderman, the whole movie, the cast and the way they transferred and interpreted the story is way better than in the Sam Raimi x Maguire one. I feel like what they did with this Spider-Man movie is kind of like what happened with Batman, the new series is darker and basically for a more grown up audience while the previous series was lighter and for families.

Can't wait to see what they'll do next.

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 15, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply