Marvel NOW! - So Far


With Marvel launching all these new titles under their Marvel NOW! umbrella around the same time I got back into reading comicbooks again, I picked up most of the #1 issues, just to figure out which series I want to pick up and read.

The problem with this is that it's not a Marvel relaunch but in most cases a continuation of stories from previous titles. So basically most of the stuff is hard to get into if you haven't read the previous stories, with a few exceptions of course.

A #1 issue definitely isn't a full representation of a full new series but it shows you how the storywriting goes and how the book is drawn and I must say that most of these Marvel NOW titles didn't impress me. All of the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avenger stuff that I read (I really picked up every title so far) didn't grab my attention and didn't make me want to pick up the following issues.

Though Indestructible Hulk, Iron Man and Deadpool all have great writing and are drawn nicely and appealing to the eye. And all of them start off at a point where you don't really need to have any prior knowledge of the characters or what was going on in the previous comicbooks. One more thing that remains to be seen is how the Superior Spider-Man series will turn out to be. Definitely got it on my subscription list already.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply